- Treating Incurable Diseases with Palliative Homeopathy 2h 15min
Treating Incurable Diseases with Palliative Homeopathy
Hahnemann railed against antipathic/palliative medicine. In many ways, his complete system of homeopathy, based on “like cures like” is the antithesis of palliative medicine. Upon closer examination, it is evident that there is a place for palliative homeopathy with incurable disease that masters such as JT Kent, Herbert Roberts, Stuart Close and George Vithoulkas wrote about. Additionally, the contemporary specialty of palliative medicine takes an individualized, holistic and patient-centered approach and has more in common with homeopathy than meets the eye! This lecture will explore Hahnemann’s definition of palliation.
Explore when palliative homeopathy is indicated, and how we know that a condition is incurable. Learn the primary 15-20 homeopathic remedies to be considered in a mini-palliative care materia medica, and why advance care planning is very much in line with the Organon’s 9th aphorism.
- Understand Hahnemann’s definition of antipathic/palliative (dissimilar) medicine
- Determine by remedy observation when a disease is incurable and where palliative homeopathy is appropriate
- Explore 15-20 remedies that are commonly used in palliative care
- Compare and contrast homeopathy with contemporary palliative medicine
- Differentiate between palliative medicine and hospice
- Recognize what homeopathic potencies are safe to use with palliative homeopathy
- Describe the importance of Advance Care Planning
- Explore the bioethics of autonomy, veracity, non-maleficence and beneficence within the context of goals of care conversations
Ian R. Luepker, N.D., DHANP is a homeopathic and naturopathic family practice physician. He graduated with a degree in Naturopathy from NCNM in 2002 and became a diplomat of the Homeopathic Academy of Naturopathic Physicians (HANP) in 2005. He is former president and current treasurer of the HANP and a board member of Homeopaths Without Borders (HWB).
Dr. Luepker is co-author of the book: A Drug-Free Approach to Asperger Syndrome and Autism: Homeopathic Care for Exceptional Kids. He is committed to patient and family-centered care that optimizes quality of life by anticipating, preventing and treating suffering. Dr. Luepker takes a whole-person, individualized and systems approach to working with cognitive impairment, dementia and end of life care.
Dr. Luepker lives with his wife and toddler daughter on a small farm in the mountains outside Ashland where his family raises goats and grow much of their own food.
Frequently Asked Questions
All you need to do is go to your My Courses page and login! If it’s your first time logging in, there are a few profile questions you’ll be asked to fill out first.