Last Updated: August 1st, 2019
WHAT WE COLLECT
We get information about you in a range of ways.
Information You Give Us. We collect your name (first name and surname), email address, phone number, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation), date of birth, as well as other information you directly give us on our Site like licensing information in certain jurisdictions that you designate.
Content that you share either with the Company or with other Site users, including without limitation, emails, reviews, or Company or Site feedback is collected by us. By sharing information with us, you consent to our processing of that information. We may monitor or record customer service interactions by phone, email, or via other features on the Site. All such information and information you share with other users, we collect, and you consent to such collection.
Information We Get From Others. We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Site.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your device. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your IP address, computer operating system type, settings and characteristics, network connection information, device event information (e.g. crashes), services used, clicks, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site.
Photos and Videos. With your consent, we may collect your photos and videos either in a library or via live streaming.
Cookies. We may log information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your computer. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close the Site) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your device until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
Third-Party Data. We may automatically collect and integrate personal data from third-party APIs into the Site. A list of the APIs integrated into the Site and the information that is collected follows:
Google Analytics. The Site uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google, Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 USA, www.google.com (“Google Analytics” or “Google”). Google Analytics employs cookies that are stored to your computer in order to facilitate an analysis of your use of the Site. The information generated by these cookies, such as time, place and frequency of your visits to the Site, including your IP address, is transmitted to Google’s location in the US and stored there.
Google abbreviates and thereby anonymizes your IP address before transferring it from EU/EEA member states. Google uses this information to analyze your use of the Site, to compile reports for us on internet activity and to provide other services relating to the Site.
Google Analytics also offers a deactivation add-on for most current browsers that provides you with more control over what data Google can collect on websites you access. However, the browser deactivation add-on offered by Google Analytics does not prevent information from being transmitted to us or to other web analysis services we may engage.
Google Analytics also uses electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes called single pixel .gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our Site is used.
For the cases in which personal data is transferred to the US, Google has self-certified pursuant to the EU-US Privacy Shield (https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework).
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information as follows:
• We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our products and services.
• We use your personal information to identify you as the person who uploaded content to the Site.
• We use your personal information to analyze research conducted on our Site, develop new features, and troubleshoot issues on the Site.
• We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
• We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, payment information, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
• We use your personal information to communicate about discount offerings, promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
• We use your personal information to link or combine user information with other personal information.
• We use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
• We use your personal information to provide and deliver products and services that customers request.
• We use your personal information to customize content, including advertising and direct, targeted-marketing campaigns on and off the Site.
• We use your personal information to measure the success of targeted, direct-marketing campaigns and content customized to your use of the Site and of third-party websites and mobile applications.
• We may use your personal information if reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with a legal process, such as a court order, subpoena or search warrant, government/law enforcement investigation or other legal requirements; (ii) to assist in the prevention or detection of crime (subject in each case to applicable law); or (iii) to protect the safety of any person.
• We may also use your information: (i) if such use would mitigate our liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit; (ii) as necessary to protect our legal rights and legal rights of our users, business partners or other interested parties; (iii) to enforce our agreements with you; and (iv) to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information as follows:
• We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
• We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
• We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
o We may share information to comply with laws.
o We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
o We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
• We may share personal information with those who need it to do work for us.
• We may share personal information with third parties that allow ads to be targeted to you based on the content you are viewing on our Site or on a third-party website or mobile application. We will not share your personally identifying information without your express prior written consent, including without limitation, consent obtained through the Site or by other electronic communications.
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
YOUR RIGHTS-EEA RESIDENTS
Pursuant to the European Union’s (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), those users in the European Economic Area (EEA), which access this Site are hereby informed that your data shall be located in the United. If you access the Site outside the EU, the information that is transferred to, stored and processed by us in our facilities and by third parties with whom we may share your personal information may be in countries that do not have data protection or other laws as comprehensive as those in your country. We will, however, take all necessary measures to protect your personal information and inform you of the following rights:
• The right to be informed
o This means if this Site obtains personal information about a user, it will immediately inform them of the collection of such data.
o It also means that if this Site obtains personal information about a user from a third-party, it will inform that user of the acquisition of such data within one month, unless obtaining such data would involve a disproportionate effort.
• The right to access
o This includes two prongs: (1) the Site will inform any user who requests such information whether any of the user’s personal data is being processed and (2) if such personal data is being processed, information about the use and purpose of the data processed.
• The right to rectification
o Any user may use the contact information herein to request inaccurate or incomplete personal data be corrected and the Site will, within one month, respond to such a request.
• The right to erasure (be forgotten)
o Within one month of the request, the Site will respond to a request for erasure of personal data.
o When responding to requests for erasure the Site will determine whether the purpose for which personal data is used is no longer necessary; whether the user withdraws consent to use personal data; and whether processing of the relevant personal data is required to comply with any other legal obligation.
• The right to restrict processing
o This right entails the Site temporarily moving the relevant personal data to another processing system, making it unavailable to users or temporarily removing published data from the Site
• The right to data portability
o Users may either receive a copy of their personal data stored on the Site’s servers or have such personal data transmitted to another controller
• The right to object
o Users have the absolute right to object to the processing of their data for marketing purposes.
o Users may also object to the processing of their data so long as they provide specific reasons for their objection; the Site may respond to those objections within one month.
• The right of automated decision-making in profiling
o The Site will undertake to consider and document the reasons for undertaking or not undertaking a Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA) whenever user personal data will be used in any automated-decision making on the Site.