- Lesson 1: Background & Overview 17min
- Lesson 2: Naturopathic Approach 22min
- Lesson 3: Naturopathic Toolkit – Part 1 31min
- Lesson 4: Naturopathic Toolkit – Part 2 37min
Naturopathic Aromatherapy: Rheumatoid Arthritis
What You'll Learn
- Gain a deeper understanding of rheumatoid arthritis
- Understand the pathology and etiology of rheumatoid arthritis
- Learn about conventional and holistic treatment options for RA
- Inspire holistic thinking and understand the naturopathic assessment and approach to treating RA
Naturopathic Aromatherapy is more than just a collection of holistic tools for health conditions: it is a philosophical approach to assessing and addressing the root cause of disease. In this course, we will take a holistic and naturopathic approach to understanding and effectively treating the world’s most common inflammatory joint disease, rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
Together, we will explore the RA’s etiology, pathology, diagnosis, and conventional treatment. From this understanding, we will take a deep dive into assessing and addressing this condition through a naturopathic lens and model.
Dr. Tim will highlight a variety of natural medicine options that may be part of the holistic toolkit when treating RA, including aromatherapy, nutrition, botanical medicine, homeopathy, and gemmotherapy. Since every practitioner has their own strengths and proclivities with natural medicine modalities, this course will focus especially on the philosophical approach to addressing RA. That way, regardless of the tool that is used, the root cause of the disease may be addressed.
Beyond gaining a deeper understanding of RA, this course is designed to inspire holistic thinking that can be applied to any clinical case going forward. If you suffer from RA yourself or wish to treat your patients via a more holistic and integrative approach, then this course is a must!
Timothy Miller ND, LAc, RA is a naturopathic physician, licensed acupuncturist, and registered aromatherapist. He is a graduate of the National College of Natural Medicine (NCNM) in Portland, OR.
Dr. Tim is a chemistry nerd. He is fascinated by the chemistry found in the natural world. Fueled by the abundant, potent, and unique components within aromatherapy, Dr. Tim has sought to understand how essential oils act on the body and identify which clinical applications are best incorporated into practice.
Dr. Tim first began his aromatherapy studies in 2005. He has since traveled the world to advance his understanding of essential oils and their clinical implications. Dr. Tim has studied with Rhiannon Lewis, Mark Webb, Gabriel Mojay, Kurt Schnaubelt, and Jeffrey Yuen. He has successfully completed a National Association of Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA) approved course and has completed the requirements to become a registered aromatherapist. He is a member of the Aromatherapy Registration Council (ARC).
Beyond his love of aromatherapy, Dr. Tim is an avid traveler and student of foreign languages. He enjoys spending time with his family, watching movies, and being in nature. Dr. Tim loves to learn new things and is driven by self-improvement and emotional intelligence.
Dr. Tim believes deeply in Docere and loves to teach. He is an international speaker, workshop leader and contributing author. He believes learning should be fun and makes every attempt to engage his students in a profound and meaningful way.
Dr. Tim has taken part in several podcasts discussing a range of topics. Please find them below:
1. AromaChemistry with Dr. Tim - NAHA's Beyond Aromatics Podcast
2. How to Fall in Love with Essential Oil Chemistry with Dr. Tim - Atlantic Institute of Aromatherapy and Nyssa Hanger
3. Conscious Living with Dr. Tim - The Orson Wells Show
4. The Naturopathic Journey with Dr. Tim - Eight Billion Podcast
5. Don't Throw Away Your Shot with Dr. Tim - LabAroma Podcast