67 learners taking this course
General family practice clinicians have the need for safe and effective approaches to treat common conditions. Effective alternative to antibiotics are valuable for treating urinary tract infections, pharyngitis, tonsillitis, and strep throat, and ubiquitous upper respiratory infections. Herbal therapies for treating hayfever, allergic airway disorders, and general atopic tendencies are also commonly needed in clinical practice, and will be discussed, with specific herbal formulas being exemplified. Effective wound care for abrasions, burns, and lacerations, should be part of every family physicians tool kit, both in the office, and to pack in a traveling first aid kit. This presentation also includes herbal formulas and philosophical approaches to consider in broader protocols for treating some of the most common chronic conditions seen in a general family practice including diabetes, osteoporosis, menopausal symptoms, and mental health issues such as anxiety and depression. Based on folkloric materia medica, specific indications of herbal medicines, and the Dr. Stansbury’s 30 years of clinical experience, this clinical presentation will offer effective formulas and treatment approaches to these common presenting complaints.
- Treat wounds and non-surgical trauma with herbal therapies.
- Treat pharyngitis, tonsillitis, and streptococcal infections with herbal therapies.
- Treat URIs with herbal therapies and craft unique formulas as specifically indicated.
- Treat UTIs and craft supportive and aggressive protocols when necessary.
- Treat osteoporosis and devise long term mineral tonics and connective tissue and bone regenerative therapies.
- Treat diabetes with multi-prong approaches that include medicinal foods, herbal specifics, and long term metabolic support for best effects.
- Treat menopausal symptoms with specifically chosen herbs as most indicated when women present with menstrual irregularities, hot flashes, sleep disturbances, and cardiovascular symptoms.
- Treat anxiety and depression using herbs as specifically indicated for different individuals, affects, concomitant symptoms, and constitutions.
- Create specific and fine-tuned formulas given individual symptoms and presentations.