2 learners taking this course$60.00
This online webinar will review the interplay of evidence-based medicine (EBM)/evidence-informed practice and naturopathic medicine. It will review recent research into the attitudes of the naturopathic community towards EBM and how they have changed over time. It will explore the possibilities of using whole systems research to study naturopathic medicine and then will close with review of whole systems research into naturopathic medicine including retrospective chart reviews, prospective observational studies, surveys, randomized controlled trials, and systematic reviews.
- Consider the question of are evidence-based medicine and naturopathy antithetical?
- Identify early opinions in the naturopathic community towards EBM
- Explain later shifts in opinion on this topic
- Understand how these shifts occurred
- Define evidence-based medicine as it was initially intended
- Consider the differences (if any) between evidence-based medicine and evidence-based naturopathic medicine
- Understand the value of different research approaches to defining/explaining what naturopathic medicine is.
- Appreciate the benefits and challenges of whole systems research