48 learners taking this course$75.00
This webinar will encompass the causes of pain and inflammation, including the molecular biology and neurological biology mechanisms. We will discuss the chemicals of pain transmission like glutamate and substance P. We will also cover the treatments used in conventional medicine and natural medicine, and their possible mechanisms of action. Included in this discussion will be the effectiveness and problems of different systems of medications in addressing pain including possible pros and cons.
We will also cover how epigenetics affects pain response, for instance how people with a COMT genetic deletion will experience pain more than people who have normal COMT function. We will also show how clinically useful it is to consider medical marijuana and other natural medicines for chronic pain, as well as, finding the underlying cause of the pain and working to resolve it.
- Identify inflammation and pain pathways
- Identify neurotransmitters and neuropeptides involved in pain pathways
- Define methylation and other epigenetic functions, with overmethylation and undermethylation.
- Find what is the molecular biology of histone acetylation and methylation.
- Illustrate what are options of treatment with drugs and herbs are available for pain.
- How can we support health in patients with potential pain, and reduce their morbidity.
Learn for a Cause
A portion of proceeds from sales of this course goes directly to Chitari Center of Collaborative Medicine, a nonprofit holistic healing center.