42 learners taking this course
In the midst of so many diets, cleanses, and supplements at any given time, with an ongoing demand to lose weight, there can be many controversial statements and programs designed to help people do so, except at some point they find that they wind up re-gaining the weight to varying degrees at some point in their life. Whether they know their diet and lifestyle is not up to par, or consider themselves pretty healthy and just don’t feel themselves, whatever extra weight they are holding onto can indicate there are deeper issues that have escalated over time where now they find themselves frustrated, at a plateau, and feeling like they’ve tried everything – and sometimes as the practitioner, we do too!
In this webinar, we will discuss the many different diets, exercises, measurements of weight, as well as the two main culprits of weight gain, hormone imbalance (namely estrogen dominance) and insulin resistance, and their complex interactions with the fat cell (adipocyte). The fat cell is its own endocrine organ with signals that can also greatly influence hormones, appetite, sleep, stress, cravings, inflammation, and blood pressure, to name a few, so therefore losing weight means shifting someone’s lifestyle in such a way that many different signals are shifting together to create sustainable weight loss.
We will also delve into ways to help motivate patients when ‘life happens’ and signals go awry, and how they can get back on track at any time. Plans will be discussed in how to understand the big picture, and how to maximize support through nutrition, supplements, exercise, lifestyle habits, and mindset so patients understand how their unique physiology and mindset work together so they can lose weight, get off that plateau, and know how they can get back on track at any time.
- Identify the different measurements of weight
- Understand the different types of fat
- Appreciate the benefits of fat
- Understand the physiology of the fat cell
- Understand how sex hormones influence weight
- Understand how insulin resistance influences weight
- Recognize complex interactions between hormones, insulin resistance, and other related concerns
- Understand where to start with the patient who wants to lose a few pounds, to much more.
- Identify questions you need to ask the patient to bring out how they can achieve long lasting changes
- Understand how to maximize their treatment plan to keep compliance
- Recognize which tests can give you information you need and when to order
- Understand which exercise and nutrition requirements, and supplements work best for weight loss, and associated concerns
- Appreciate when to recommend surgery or liposuction