- Standards of Care in Mental Health 2h 00min
Standards of Care in Mental Health
Mental health issues are at an all-time high. Prescription sales are being dominated by agents used for mental health complaints, such as depression, anxiety, and bipolar II. Why, with so many anti-depressants, anxiolytics and “mood stabilizers” being prescribed? How do these prescription drugs work? Are pharmaceuticals the best option available?
- Recognize common prescription drugs that can cause and/or worsen depression, anxiety, bipolar II
- Be able to list nutrient deficiencies—secondary to diet and prescription drugs—that may precipitate mental health issues
- Know the difference between direct and indirect effects of drugs as they impact mental health
- Explore the disconnect/incongruence between current standards of care and actual evidence
Learn for a Cause
A portion of proceeds from sales of this course goes directly to Chitari Center of Collaborative Medicine, a nonprofit holistic healing center.
I earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmacy from the Medical College of Virginia/Virginia Commonwealth University, in 1988. After practicing as a retail pharmacist in the greater Richmond area for a decade, I attended Bastyr University, earning a doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine in 2004. Because of my unique education and training, I understand both conventional medicine as well as natural forms of healing. And because I’ve been asked to teach on pharmacology/pharmacy related topics to my beloved naturopathic profession, I study them constantly, going deeper into the intricacies and nuances of the agents and uncovering some astonishing information that I think YOU (and your patients/clients) would benefit from knowing!
--Christie Fleetwood, ND, RPh
Frequently Asked Questions
All you need to do is go to your My Courses page and login! If it’s your first time logging in, there are a few profile questions you’ll be asked to fill out first.