72 learners taking this course
Adequate pain management is an important aspect of providing quality patient; however medical providers are challenged with balancing legitimate use and the increasing trend of prescription drug abuse. Inappropriate use of prescription drugs is the nation’s fastest-growing drug problem. The number of prescription drug misuse and abuse related deaths now exceed deaths due to motor vehicle accidents. This 30 minute webinar will discuss the startling facts and statistics about prescription drug abuse and the ethical challenges that arise with effective pain management.
- Identify facts and trends about prescription drug abuse
- Identify drug seeking behaviors
- Identify ways to curb prescription drug abuse
- Identify ethical and legal challenges of pain management
- Understand the ethical dilemma’s and principles associated with pain management