42 learners taking this course
Hypertension affects 20 of all Americans and has serious consequences on longevity. This presentation explores botanical therapies for treating HBP and details the molecular research on their mechanisms of action.
- Explain the mechanisms whereby Garlic benefits hypertension and the cardiovascular system.
- List what plants contain procyanodinic oligomers and explain how these molecules benefit the cardiovascular system.
- Explain how Gingko flavonoids, the heteroisides, and the terpenes may be therapeutic to hypertension.
- List which herbs are considered to be vasodilating via beta blocking effects.
- List which herbs are vasodilating due to Calcium Channel inhibition.
- List which herbs are effective diuretics.
- List which herbal sedatives may lower BP and explain their pros and cons.
- Describe the specific indications for Leonurus cardiaca.
- Describe the specific indication for Glyconda formula of the Eclectic tradition.
- Detail the many mechanisms whereby Angelica species are therapeutic to hypertension.
- Describe the clinical indications and contraindications for
- Describe the specific indications for Viscum album.
- Recognize the clinical and molecular research done on botanical medicines for HBP..
- Be familiar with the ability of Licorice to cause hypertension, the mechanism responsible, the genetic tendency, and how to monitor to avoid the concern