29 learners taking this course$45.00
Hypertension affects 20 of all Americans and has serious consequences on longevity. This presentation explores botanical therapies for treating HBP and details the molecular research on their mechanisms of action.
- Explain the mechanisms whereby Garlic benefits hypertension and the cardiovascular system.
- List what plants contain procyanodinic oligomers and explain how these molecules benefit the cardiovascular system.
- Explain how Gingko flavonoids, the heteroisides, and the terpenes may be therapeutic to hypertension.
- List which herbs are considered to be vasodilating via beta blocking effects.
- List which herbs are vasodilating due to Calcium Channel inhibition.
- List which herbs are effective diuretics.
- List which herbal sedatives may lower BP and explain their pros and cons.
- Describe the specific indications for Leonurus cardiaca.
- Describe the specific indication for Glyconda formula of the Eclectic tradition.
- Detail the many mechanisms whereby Angelica species are therapeutic to hypertension.
- Describe the clinical indications and contraindications for
- Describe the specific indications for Viscum album.
- Recognize the clinical and molecular research done on botanical medicines for HBP..
- Be familiar with the ability of Licorice to cause hypertension, the mechanism responsible, the genetic tendency, and how to monitor to avoid the concern