- Marinol vs. Marijuana 30min
Marinol vs. Marijuana
Marinol is a prescription medication. Marijuana is a plant that can be recommended to people if state law allows it. This 30 minute presentation will go through the chemical make up of marinol and marijuana. It will also go through some of the latest research on medical applications for marinol and marijuana. We will talk about the side effects of both marijuana and marinol, and review the endocannabinoid system and how marinol and marijuana affect it.
- Identify what parts of the endocannabinoid system is affected
- Recognize which hormones and neurotransmitters are affected by the plant and drug
- Recognize the side effects of each
- Identify the effects on certain medical conditions
- Recognize the difference between drug schedules and what they mean
- Recognize the difference between synthetic and natural compounds
- Recognize how the products are excreted
Dr. Burns is a naturopathic doctor in practice for 11 years. Dr Burns is owner/physician of Burns Integrative Wellness Center in Phoenix, AZ. She graduated from SIUE with a BS in Biology and a Minor in Chemistry. Dr. Burns attended SCNM after graduation she complete a preceptorship before going on to practice naturopathic medicine. Dr. Burns is a published researcher in alternative medicine, current health contributor to newspaper and magazines, current producer/editor of BIWC Healthy You Magazine, professional speaker, guest appearance on some local morning talk shows, producer/host of her own YouTube channel, she is a former producer host of a health radio show, and mother.
Dr. Burns specializes in adrenal fatigue, gut issues, medical marijuana, and women's health.
Frequently Asked Questions
All you need to do is go to your My Courses page and login! If it’s your first time logging in, there are a few profile questions you’ll be asked to fill out first.