72 learners taking this course
This webinar will provide a thorough introduction into the world of clinical aromatherapy and essential oils. Participants will discover the rich history of aromatherapy from the era of the ancients to modern times. We will delve into the world of plant physiology and learn the reasons why plants actually produce essential oils, as well as the differences between primary and secondary metabolites. The importance of quality and quality control will be discussed, and analytical tools including gas chromatography and mass spectrometry will be explored. Other topics will include the various definitions found within the field of aromatherapy, how essential oils are extracted, their appropriate storage, and shelf-life. Participants will be able to make practical considerations when comparing essential oils, as well as confidently ask the right questions to companies from whom they are considering purchasing essential oils.
NOTE: no company names will be mentioned or recommended
- Have an appreciation for how concentrated and potent essential oils are
- Have an appreciation for the rich history of aromatherapy and the various styles found in clinical practice
- Understand the various processes of essential oil extraction
- Understand the importance of dilution in clinical application of essential oils
- Understand the importance of quality control in essential oil production
- Understand the laboratory testing options available, their value and limitations, and potential for adulteration in the industry
- Be able to ask the right questions to potential essential oil distributors so as to confidently select a company from whom to order product.
- Understand the proper storage conditions of essential oils, as well as their shelf life
Sign-Up for FREE AromaChemistry Fun Facts!
Learning is so much more fun with fun facts! Dr. Tim will share with you some of his favorite, juicy AromaChemistry nuggets with you via email! Sign-up for his newsletter below and you’ll some fun facts to your inbox over the next 2 weeks!
What’s Included With Your Course
✔ Lifetime course access
✔ 24/7 online access to course
✔ PDF of certificate of completion
✔ Certificate of completion available immediately upon finishing the course
✔ CEs / PDAs as outlined below