29 learners taking this course
This webinar summarizes the essentials on homeopathy, starting with its definition. This includes the theoretical and practical explanation of the main law “similia similibus curentur”. This law is put in its historical context.
Provings collect information, which is then made available through Materia Medica and repertories, whose structure and goal are explained. Differentiating characteristic symptoms from common symptoms and from details is essential in the homeopathic approach. The history and rationale of potencies will be explained.
The practice of homeopathy is focusing on optimal communication with the patient. An overview of the major research in homeopathy, including three papers on homeopathic potency is presented.
Often, homeopathy is confounded with other CAM approaches. Explaining the differences with the doctrine of signatures, phytotherapy and diet increases the understanding of homeopathy.
Your ideal introduction to homeopathy!
- Understand what is homeopathy.
- Understand the law “similia similibus curentur” and its application.
- Know the historic predecessors of the main law.
- Understand the key role of provings.
- Understand the typical books, i.e. Materia Medica and Repertory.
- Understand the difference between characteristic and common symptoms.
- Understand the difference between characteristic and details.
- Understand the reason of using homeopathic potencies .
- Understand the difference between potencies and mere dilutions.
- Be introduced to the research concepts on homeopathy.
- Be able to critically review three papers on homeopathic potency.
- Differentiate homeopathy from other CAM approaches.