- Introduction 11min
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (Together) 39min
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (Separately) 39min
- MMR + Varicella (Merck) 17min
- MMR + Varicella (GSK) 14min
- Varicella 9min
Diseases of the Drugs: Childhood Vaccines – Part 1
This course is the first part in a series reviewing vaccinations. Each part will focus on a different set of vaccines; this course will focus on viral childhood vaccines given from birth to 15 months covering measles, mumps, rubella, chickenpox, polio. It will also cover route of administration vs route of entry, limitations in knowledge/understanding of immune system, susceptibility, as well as what’s been studied and what is lacking research.
Working with vaccine monographs, we’ll discover the meaning behind the letter/number codes of the “active ingredients” as well as the “other ingredients”. The ingredient lists have never been “hidden”; they just have not been disclosed in everyday language. Once you understand where the source of childhood vaccines is obtained and how it’s “fed”, you’ll have a much greater understanding about parental hesitancy around vaccines, opting out of certain vaccines, “ex-vaxxers” and their stance after having been injured by a vaccine. The ethics of the harvesting of the ingredients, practitioner’s beliefs vs parents’ beliefs about vaccination, lack of childhood vaccine clinical trials, what’s happening with a major manufacturer of vaccines and its top scientists, and the routes of administration vs how the diseases are transmitted will be covered.
This course is intended to be a non-biased education concerning ethical decisions around vaccine use. It is not intended to be pro or anti-vaccine; rather, the “rest of the story” about the vaccines to enable the listeners to draw their own conclusion. Note: Quote “rest of the story” attributed to Paul Harvey, news reporter.
What You’ll Learn
- the moral dilemma some parents face around certain vaccines
- why parents hesitate to vaccinate and would choose religious and/or philosophical exemptions in states that still allow those parental rights
- why “ex-vaxxers” and those called “anti-vaccine” do, more often than not, experience a greater dilemma when considering the excipients (other ingredients) rather than the concept of vaccination
- how excipients can affect and alter the immune system
- the ethical dilemma that the parents have in medical decision making for their children as well as that of the practitioner and when to refer when belief systems collide
What’s Included With Your Course
✔ Lifetime course access
✔ 24/7 online access to course
✔ PDF of certificate of completion
✔ Certificate of completion available immediately upon finishing the course
✔ CEs / PDAs as outlined below
- Polio 19min
I earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmacy from the Medical College of Virginia/Virginia Commonwealth University, in 1988. After practicing as a retail pharmacist in the greater Richmond area for a decade, I attended Bastyr University, earning a doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine in 2004. Because of my unique education and training, I understand both conventional medicine as well as natural forms of healing. And because I’ve been asked to teach on pharmacology/pharmacy related topics to my beloved naturopathic profession, I study them constantly, going deeper into the intricacies and nuances of the agents and uncovering some astonishing information that I think YOU (and your patients/clients) would benefit from knowing!
--Christie Fleetwood, ND, RPh
Frequently Asked Questions
All you need to do is go to your My Courses page and login! If it’s your first time logging in, there are a few profile questions you’ll be asked to fill out first.