75 learners taking this course
Armed with decades of experience in herbal clinical practice, Dr. Jillian Stansbury presents the newest in her Creating Herbal Formulas series, focused on respiratory and pulmonary conditions.
As a key organ system to all humans, the respiratory system is constantly engaged, filtering the air we breathe and delivering oxygen to other vital organs. Unfortunately, the constant assault on the respiratory system from allergens, toxins, microbes, and other irritants is not without its consequences. This four-hour presentation reviews herbal materia medica options based on their mechanisms of actions on this all-too-important organ system, including antimicrobials, symptom-managing herbs, and lung tonics. In it, students will learn to determine a more specific symptom picture (moist vs. dry coughs, irritant vs. allergic bronchitis, etc.) in order to prescribe more accurate and effective interventions, and will be exposed to herbal management of more severe health concerns, including COPD, cystic fibrosis, and emphysema. True to form, Dr. Stansbury incorporates not only a vast and varied materia medica into this presentation, but equally varied application methods (including topical plasters, nebulization and inhalation, tinctures, teas, and enemas) to present a thought-provoking and informative learning experience.
- Review general approaches to respiratory complaints
- Use herbal materia medica choices for specific niche presentations
- Create effective formulas to treat different types of common respiratory complaints, from infectious cough to allergic asthma
- Create effective formulas to treat more severe respiratory complaints, including COPD and cystic fibrosis
- Review selected herbal materia medica