- Lesson 1 45min
- Lesson 2 1h 00min
- Lesson 3 30min
Chakra Healing Using Essential Oils
The word “chakra” comes from the Sanskrit word for “wheel.” There are seven major chakras which serve as our primary centers of life force energy, and are responsible for the health of mind, body, and spirit. Each chakra has its own unique function and, in disharmony, has its own set of characteristic symptoms. In health, each chakra spins like a wheel in a certain direction and speed. In disharmony, the chakras can spin in the opposite direction and at a slower rate.
In this 3-part dynamic presentation, students will explore the chakra system and the energetic properties of essential oils in great detail. Learn to identify when a chakra is in disharmony, how to determine which essential oil(s) would best clear a given chakra, and learn to blend these oils to create energetic medicines.
- Explore major concepts of the chakra system
- Review the basics of aromatherapy, as applicable to chakra healing
- Investigate the use of essential oils in energetic and spiritual applications, including chakra healing
- Learn to create your own chakra-clearing aromatherapy blend
Timothy Miller ND, LAc, RA is a naturopathic physician, licensed acupuncturist, and registered aromatherapist. He is a graduate of the National College of Natural Medicine (NCNM) in Portland, OR.
Dr. Tim is a chemistry nerd. He is fascinated by the chemistry found in the natural world. Fueled by the abundant, potent, and unique components within aromatherapy, Dr. Tim has sought to understand how essential oils act on the body and identify which clinical applications are best incorporated into practice.
Dr. Tim first began his aromatherapy studies in 2005. He has since traveled the world to advance his understanding of essential oils and their clinical implications. Dr. Tim has studied with Rhiannon Lewis, Mark Webb, Gabriel Mojay, Kurt Schnaubelt, and Jeffrey Yuen. He has successfully completed a National Association of Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA) approved course and has completed the requirements to become a registered aromatherapist. He is a member of the Aromatherapy Registration Council (ARC).
Beyond his love of aromatherapy, Dr. Tim is an avid traveler and student of foreign languages. He enjoys spending time with his family, watching movies, and being in nature. Dr. Tim loves to learn new things and is driven by self-improvement and emotional intelligence.
Dr. Tim believes deeply in Docere and loves to teach. He is an international speaker, workshop leader and contributing author. He believes learning should be fun and makes every attempt to engage his students in a profound and meaningful way.
Dr. Tim has taken part in several podcasts discussing a range of topics. Please find them below:
1. AromaChemistry with Dr. Tim - NAHA's Beyond Aromatics Podcast
2. How to Fall in Love with Essential Oil Chemistry with Dr. Tim - Atlantic Institute of Aromatherapy and Nyssa Hanger
3. Conscious Living with Dr. Tim - The Orson Wells Show
4. The Naturopathic Journey with Dr. Tim - Eight Billion Podcast
5. Don't Throw Away Your Shot with Dr. Tim - LabAroma Podcast